Tuesday, June 28, 2005

BarBri to English Dictionary

For everyone in my life not presently studying for the bar - and for those that are, but clearly haven’t learned the language yet - here are a few invaluable translations that will aid you in communicating with your friends and loved ones who are presently studying for the bar.

The phrase on the left is in BarBri; the phrase on the right is English

1) I need a minute to figure this out => Leave me the fuck alone.

2) Maybe I’ll meet you there => Drink one for me.

3) Later (as in “I’ll call/see/talk to you later”) => Under no conditions will I call/see/talk to you before July 28, and in any event, probably not until I return from the Dominican in the second week of August.

4) BarBri supplemental text/course => Approximately $175 US e.g. Regina: About how much is airfare to the Dominican going for in the first week of August? Jason: 2.5 BarBri supplemental courses, roundtrip, for each of us.

5) I’ll let you know later => Ask me again, and I will stab you in the eye. (Also see number 3, above)

6) I gotta get a quick shower => Where’s my hat?

Si usted los tiene, fíjelos aquí!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home