Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hey, Hey, HEY!!!

In response to the angry comments I received on my last post...

CALM THE EFF DOWN EVERYONE!!!

It was a freakin' joke! But you know what? It doesn't matter 'cause BarBri did fuck up. I know that people give the reps a hard time. Some of my best friends are reps, and I sit right next to Danielle, one of our reps in our class. I hear every stupid question, comment, and complaint registered to her everyday. You know why I'm not a rep? Because I knew that that shit would drive me up a fucking wall, and that I couldn't handle that during the summer. That's why. I made a point to say in my post that the reps in our class are always on the ball, and the "incompetent norm" line was a fucking joke! How could I honestly presume to know the norm having only been to two different classes?

And I feel bad for all the reps that have to put up with this shit, but at some point in time you must have thought to yourself, "Yeah I'll probably have to put up with a lot of stupid shit, but I could use the money." I don't mean to suggest that that grants the rest of us a license to shit on you for no reason or for any reason [because is does not], but the BarBri reps did fuck up in my case - the morning rep took the video home, instead of leaving it for the afternoon rep. I posted my blog entry as a letter to BarBri in general, because I decided that that was funnier than "Why do you hate me, BarBri rep in the class that I don't ordinarily attend?" And for the record, anybody that has a sense of entitlement with regards to anything that involves the student reps, other than showing up to class on time with the videos, is a dick. And anybody who doesn't understand that sometimes, the student reps hit traffic, break down on the way, or even oversleep, should walk a mile in their shoes... and should have to carry Roonie's boxes... and should probably talk to Dr. Fayza, too.

Today, BarBri - not the reps - fucked up, and everyone was really cool to the reps. To make up for us having to stay so late today, BarBri even promised pizza for lunch... and then renegged around 12:15 because they couldn't find a pizza place in fucking Brooklyn!!! A pizza place is about as easy to find in Brooklyn as a single flip flop - not even a pair or flip flops - is in CA. That excuse, therefore, is also funny... and that's why I put it in my blog. I did not put it on my blog because I think that BarBri actually owes me pizza now.

C'mon now. I know that people are stressed out, that it's easy to take something personally that wasn't meant to be personal, and that our senses or humor - particularly about oursevles - has been kind of impaired... but we have to at least maintain a sense of humor about ourselves amongst each other.

I'll go first...

On my college applications where it asked about any high school sports or extracurricular activities, this is what I had:

6 years of marching band, 4 years of jazz band, 3 years of jazz ensemble, 4 years of percussion ensemble, 4 years of concert band, 2 years of symphonic band, and two years of wind ensemble. Also I played drums in our school musical all four years, in the choir for 2 years, and in the flute choir for one year.

Then on my law school application where it asked the same about college activities, this is what I had:

3 years Golden Ram marching band, 3 years of Criterions jazz band, 3 years of jazz ensemble, 3 years of percussion ensemble, 3 years of symphony orchestra, 2 years of symphonic band, 2 years concert choir, 1 year mens' choir, and 1 year masterworks' choir.

Also, my freshman year of highschool I wore a back brace because I had really bad scoliosis. I was allowed to take it off for a few hours everyday, but I only had one bag to carry it in - it was the bag that the doctor's office gave me and it was green, with a graphic of a toddler with a walker on it. I had to have surgery to correct my scoliosis at the end of my sophomore year, and my parents had to rent a geriatric recliner for me to sit in all day every day for the whole summer. Now I have two steel rods in my back and I still set off airport and courthouse metal detectors.

Also, I never weighed 100 pounds until I was almost 19. My little brother is 6'4" and I'm 5'9". My eyebrows now are normal sized but they haven't grown since I was about 14, so I had to grow into them. But for 2 years of college I lived with four girls and one time (actually, twice) they talked me into going to get electrolysis, so I could report back to them about whether it hurt or not, and they could monitor whether or not it worked. The first time the electroysist zapped me, I lept off the bed-type-thing I was laying on, like they do on hospital shows when someone gets shocked with a defibrillator... except he put it on my eyebrows, not my chest.

Oh yeah, and this Sunday was the worst day of my whole summer... because I heard that the New York Times was gonna publish an All-Harry-Potter crossword, but they didn't. It was some crappy off-shoot of the Times, and it was a children's puzzle with clues like "12 Across: Harry's Brainy Friend; 8 letters." I almost tried to get my $3.50 back from the bagle place where I bought the paper, but Regina teased me, so I didn't.

Now here's a joke at your expense...

My blog is not MeetThePress.com. I'm not interested in reading both sides of an argument. My blog is way for me to laugh at myself, and sometimes at others because that is the only way I will maintain my sanity for the next few weeks. Also, I'm a whore for attention. Unfortunately for you BarBri reps, I can guarantee you that I will write another nasty post about BarBri before the test is over. But it's just a joke. Please don't leave any angry comments on my blog... unless they are also funny.

But in case anything I or anybody else says upsets you so much that you just have to say something about it...

I created a blog for all the disgruntled BarBri reps to post their complaints about the other students in their class. Its called BarBriRepsArePeopleToo. Go to the site. A username and password is in the first post, so anybody can leave a post instead of just comments. Side note to other readers: If you're not a BarBri rep, you'd be a total douche bag to put new posts on the site... unless they, too, are funny.

REMEMBER... I didn't create the blog to be mean... I created it because I thought it was funny. Like a clown, funny. You know... ha, ha?

I think Mona Lisa Vito said it best, when she said, "Maybe it was a bad time to bring it up."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point taken, and understood - then you backtracked to being a smart ass by creating a stupid BAR/BRI rep blog.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know you've *arrived* in the blogosphere - when you've reached the point where no matter what you say, someone gets offended! Congratulations! :)

Did that offend you? Hey, now *I've* arrived!!! :) j/k

Don't change a thing, we all *heart* you. ;)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Roonie said...

I'm not so sure I heart you lately, actually. I did. Then I found you not so funny. I'm going through the reevaluation process.

8:58 PM  
Blogger GG said...

Wait... was any of that true? Because I want it to be. Especially the electrolysis part.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jerk said...

IT'S ALL TRUE!!! that's what makes it so funny and at my expense... i'm not sure the 'sphere is ready for the stories that actually embarass me...

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home