Thursday, July 14, 2005

Jay's Best Friend


The only picture I could get him to look at the camera... and I look like a serial killer. And yes, that's a "Jay" sign that I stole from a highway in the town of Jay, Vermont... though it's just a fortunate coincidence that it made the picture AND happens to be pointing right at me. Do I need to report that to the bar examiners? Or now that you know, do you? Oh well. Sam is the most loyal f'n creature in the free world. I don't need a leash or anything when I walk him - not even if some deer or other dogs come running around, because he never leaves my side. He's got a thyroid problem that makes him gain weight really easily, and then he gets lazy and arthritic, and gains more weight. Lather, repeat. So anyway, I was helping him lose weight by walking him every night since about October, but since I've had to get up so early, I haven't been able to walk him in a while. And I can't take him during the day cuz he gets tired too easily in the daytime heat. When I first started walking him, all he could do was a 45 minute mile, but 6 pounds lighter, I had him all the way down to about 20-25 minutes before BarBri broke us up. We have another collie, named Shiggles (which is short for "Shits and Giggles," because my family is so damn classy) that looks just like him but smaller, but she's insane, and would never sit still long enough to take a picture. Now that BarBri is over I can finally take him for walks, and we can be BFFs again!

No more sappy posts, I promise, but I am really glad to be able to play with him again. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger GG said...

Awww! So cute!

10:01 AM  
Blogger GG said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home